It’s a big day y’all- today I turn 25! A quarter of a century! Mid-Twenties! This feels like a BIG year! 24 sure will be hard to beat, but I have high hopes for the exciting year ahead. I thought it would be fun to share 25 things you may or may not know about me in honor of my 25 years on this earth- enjoy!
1. I met my husband when I was 15 and we’ve been in love pretty much ever since.
2. I graduated from Virginia Tech which I wholeheartedly believe is the best school in the world- Go Hokies!
3. When I graduated college, I moved to Miami to begin a career in digital advertising as a social media analyst. I’m equal parts left and right brain so this job is the perfect balance of both creativity and strategy. Plus, our office is dog friendly so my pup comes to work with me every day!
4. I had the amazing opportunity to live in Australia for a summer when I was in college. I worked, traveled, and made amazing friendships along the way.
5. I’m a terrible cook. There’s like 3 things I can make including cereal, mac n’ cheese and pancakes.
6. My favorite nail polish color is “Bubble Bath” by OPI- it’s the perfect light, dusty pink.
7. I love to travel and have been to 14 countries so far- US, UK, Ireland, Germany, France, Italy, Austria, Canada, Mexico, Grand Cayman, Turks and Caicos, Ecuador, Australia and Panama.
8. Over the past 2.5 years, I’ve lost almost 50 pounds by eating healthier and living a more active lifestyle. It’s been an amazing change and I feel better than ever.
9. When I was little, I wanted to be an actress. My parents gave me a video camera for Christmas when I was 11 that I carried with me everywhere and I quickly realized I preferred being behind the camera instead of in front of it.
10. I absolutely hate scary movies. I’m just way too much of a wimp!
11. I used to play tennis 5-7 days a week and was the captain of the varsity tennis team in high school – Go Cougars!
12. I’m really afraid of flying. It’s a new fear I developed after a scary flight a couple of years ago.
13. My favorite part about photography is making my clients feel beautiful and confident.
14. My husband proposed on a boat in front of my entire family after a day of scuba diving with hammerhead sharks in the Galapagos Islands. I was completely shocked and VERY surprised.
15. I dream of living in a farmhouse one day on 10+ acres of land.
16. As you may be able to tell from #15, I’m low-key obsessed with all things Joanna Gaines.
17. This year, I have plans to travel to New Orleans, Colorado, and hopefully, Austin, TX.
18. I ran a half marathon once and I’m pretty sure I’ll never run another one again. My Dad (who is a superstar marathon runner) ran by my side every step of the way and I couldn’t have crossed the finish line without him.
19. I love to read, but I don’t get to read as much as I’d like to. It’s one of my 2018 goals to read at least 1 book per month!
20. I treat my dog like he’s my actual child and I’m not at all embarrassed about it. I even introduce him as my “son”.
21. The next country on my travel bucket list is Switzerland.
22. I’m extremely organized and live by order and routine. I’m not great with change or uncertainty, but I’m getting better!
23. My favorite date night involves snuggles on the couch with a good bottle of wine and sushi.
24. Patrick and I religiously watch Jeopardy. We even compete against each other and keep a running score.
25. My favorite holiday is Christmas because of our traditions. My best memories as a kid revolved around Christmas and spending time with my family. Plus, I’ve always felt special sharing my birthday month with Jesus.
There you have it! If you’ve made it this far, I hope you learned something you didn’t already know about me! Let me know what surprised you and if you can relate to any of these things- I’d love to learn more about you too!