TWO years!! Time has seriously flown by since our wedding day on May 20, 2017 when Patrick and I said “I do” to forever. And a lot has happened in those two years– we honeymooned in Italy, I launched my business, we adopted Tucker, moved to Atlanta, AND bought our first house! We’ve experienced some tough seasons and celebrated life milestones. Each day we take on life together, supporting and loving each other through whatever is thrown our way.
Today as I’m reflecting on our wedding day, I wanted to share these 5 memories that standout as particularly special:
- The morning of our wedding, Patrick and I took a walk along the Chesapeake Bay together. I know that sounds super untraditional, but it was so special to us both to spend some quiet, alone time together before the day got crazy.
- Our family dog and my childhood best friend, Sammy, was our “flower dog”. She passed away 9 months later and the time I spent with her on our wedding weekend are some of my most treasured memories of her.
- All of the fun we had with our wedding party! Between our welcome brunch, rehearsal dinner, and actual wedding day, our weekend was packed full of events. It was seriously the most fun EVER hanging out with our friends and family throughout the entire weekend. Things got a bit rowdy at times, but those were some of our favorite moments.
- This may sound cliché, but when Patrick and I walked out of the church as husband and wife we were SO giddy with excitement that we had just gotten married! So many years of preparing our hearts for this moment and it had finally happened! Pretty sure I didn’t stop smiling for weeks.
- At the end of our wedding, when all of our guests had left and our friends had gone to sleep, Patrick and I found our extra wedding cake wrapped up in the kitchen at our venue, and we laid in bed in our bathrobes and shoved our faces with our wedding cake talking about how amazing the day was. Nothing says newlywed bliss quiet like that moment.
And for today’s post, I want to share some of my favorite images from our own wedding day! We were lucky enough to have the wonderful Annamarie Akins as our wedding photographer. The images she captured will be treasured by us for the rest of our lives, and I cannot wait to share them with our children and grandchildren one day. You can actually see her blog post from our wedding day here & our engagement session here.
I’ve never shared our wedding day images on the blog before, so I’m very excited to share some of my favorites from the day I married my best friend.
Photographer | Annamarie Akins
Videographer | Ginger Topham
Reception Venue | The Inn at Warner Hall
Ceremony Venue | Ware Episcopal Church
Dress Store | Ava Laurenne Bride
Invitations | Third Clover
Florist | Gloucester Florist
Hair and Makeup | Split Enz Salon
DJ | Gwin Entertainment
Cake | Cakes to Remember
Catering | A Sharper Palate
Transportation | James River Transportation
Bridesmaid Dresses | Bella Bridesmaids
Groomsmen Attire | Menguin
*We had the most wonderful vendor team for our wedding day and all of these vendors we would highly recommend to anyone getting married in the Gloucester/Richmond/Norfolk area.